This page describes all changes made to the fs_fat package, FAT File System, since its release.
9.2 (2020-03-02, 12:23):
- Eliminated compiler error that occurred when CAPI was used with F_VOLUME_CLEAN_SUPPORT enabled.
9.1 (2020-02-20, 10:01):
- Implemented volume clean function.
- Disk usage function now uses two 32 bit variables instead of one 64 bit variable.
8.53 (2019-12-03, 14:29):
- Static analysis issues eliminated.
8.52 (2019-11-28, 15:02):
- Compiler warnings got eliminated.
8.51 (2019-10-30, 10:50):
- IOCTL flush is called to prevent data loss.
8.50 (2019-10-18, 15:54):
- Static analysis issues eliminated.
8.49 (2019-09-17, 16:22):
- BAD_BLOCK_HANDLING configuration option added to enable or disable the bad block handling mechanism.
- Function added to replace a bad cluster in the seekpos array to a new good one. Only used in bad block handling.
8.48 (2019-09-13, 12:00):
- Eliminated C++ compiler errors.
8.47 (2019-09-09, 13:00):
- Eliminated static analysis issues.
8.46 (2019-08-13, 16:50):
- Added F_SAFE_AUTO_REPAIR configuration option. If this is set to 0 and repair is needed f_initvolume() initializes file system as read-only.
- Added f_repair() to repair SafeFAT, and to enable file system read/write again.
8.45 (2019-06-25, 10:34):
- Encrypted mode didn't work correctly after using f_flush(), read data could have been wrong.
- f_seek() performance improved for encrypted files (originally all data sectors were read up to the seek position, now only one is).
- Multi-sector read didn't work for encrypted files where the read size was greater than 64KB.
8.44 (2019-04-05, 17:09):
- Encrypted data bigger than a sector was read incorrectly.
- Disabled r+ file opening in encrypted mode (not possible to update encrypted data inside the file as it will ruin the keys).
8.43 (2019-02-12, 14:47):
- Fixed bug that allowed opening of a file with short name plus at least one character when F_LONGFILENAME, HCC_UNICODE and F_SHIFT_JIS_SUPPORT are enabled.
8.42 (2018-11-05, 12:00):
- Enabled file opening for w and r+ in encrypted mode.
8.41 (2018-09-25, 7:00):
- Applied fixes of CERT compliance review findings (boundary checks, out-of-boundary access of arrays).
8.40r2 (2018-08-29, 18:08):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder.
- History and document files renamed to the package name.
8.40 (2018-07-18, 10:01):
- Fixed handling of FN_MAXPATHNAME. It could not handle full length (FN_MAXPATHNAME) path when F_FILE_CHANGED_EVENT is enabled.
8.39 (2018-07-17, 14:50):
Functions could not work with maximum (FN_MAXPATHNAME) length arguments when Unicode was enabled.
8.38 (2018-07-13, 09:46):
- f_rename() and f_move() could return F_ERR_NOTFOUND when long filenames directory cache and SafeFAT were used at the same time.
8.37 (2018-06-09, 17:49):
- Shift JIS: fn_getlabel() did not set Japanese Shift JIS multibyte characters correctly.
- Shift JIS: Every other character was skipped when file name was created with Japanese hankaku kana(single byte 0xA1-0xDF) characters.
- Shift JIS: Some of translation record in fat_shjis.c was missing for cp932 to Unicode conversions.
8.36 (2018-06-05, 8:50):
- Fixed version check in config_fat.c template file.
8.36 (2018-05-24, 19:22):
- Fixed version cross check to ensure that the right version of media driver (media_drv_base) is used.
8.35 (2018-05-10, 12:02):
- Implemented f_dir_walk() and f_disk_usage() functions.
8.34 (2018-05-03, 12:51):
- IOCTL flush is called when a file is closed or flushed to prevent data loss.
8.33 (2018-04-13, 17:47):
- Writing to files opened in a/a+ mode could cause unnecessary read operations, possibly increasing write time significantly.
8.32 (2018-03-20, 06:52):
- f_open() could lead to unusable file system (until restart) when SafeFAT was used in full root directory of FAT12 or FAT16 file system.
8.31 (2018-02-22, 08:31):
- f_rename() and f_move() could produce extra file entries during operation when long filenames are used.
8.30 (2018-01-19, 12:37):
- Eliminated compiler warning.
8.29 (2018-01-05, 09:08):
- f_rename() could return error F_ERR_NOTFOUND when long filenames, directory cache, and SafeFAT were used at the same time.
8.28 (2017-11-30, 09:19):
- File name length of 254 was not accepted with long filenames enabled.
8.27 (2017-11-24, 15:53):
- Files opened first in "r" mode can now be opened in "r+" mode.
8.26 (2017-10-09, 09:33):
- Compiler warnings were eliminated.
8.25 (2017-09-26, 16:46):
- Compiler warnings eliminated.
8.24 (2017-09-01, 16:02):
- EEM global init function not called from FAT initialization.
- ENC key and block size separated (as a result it can be used with AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256).
8.23 (2017-07-19, 12:35):
- Static analyzer (CodeSonar) warnings were eliminated.
- Supports 64-bit environments.
- The system previously could write uninitialized data to boot record during formatting: it now clears the sector buffer properly before writing.
- File encryption support added (in r, a, a+ modes).
- psp_types.h is included instead of stdint.h.
- Reopening "r+" files in "r" mode is allowed.
- f_findfirst() complex search patterns searching for and long filenames has been improved.
- SafeFAT: inline function modified to non-inline.
- SafeFAT: f_flush() could corrupt the new file in some rare conditions (when the size of the cluster chain of the destination file was multiple of clusters).
- Warnings eliminated.
- Writing to "a", "a+", "w", "w+" files and concurrent access of these files and "r" files are handled identically as in standard C library.
- Buffer indexing error was fixed in fn_setvolname().
- SafeFAT: cf_create() returns error if it finds files with the same name in $$SAFE$$ folder.
- SafeFAT: volume becomes read-only if safe_docommands() failed.
- SafeFAT: volume remains not initialized if safe_poweron() failed during f_initvolume().
- f_createpartition_align() introduced, it can create new partitions aligned to given sector boundaries.
- f_rename() correctly renames files in subfolders.
f_releaseFS() frees up all memory allocated by f_enterFS().
- SafeFAT: issue fixed with f_move() and other filename manipulating API functions not being safe when long filenames are used.
- SafeFAT: f_close() won't call psp_free() twice on file handles when FAT is compiled with USE_MALLOC and the media is removed just before the f_close() call.
- SafeFAT: f_seteof() correctly frees up clusters in SAFEFAT mode.
- Newly introduced F_CLUSTERBUFFER option allows using a dedicated cluster buffer in SAFEFAT mode to speed up overwriting big files.
- fm_open_pos() internal function can be used by to start searching for the filename at a given position.
- In SAFEFAT mode f_delvolume() sets the sizes of system files in $$SAFE$$ folder to a valid value which makes Windows CHKDSK pass.
- FAT returns F_ERR_NOTFORMATTED instead of F_ERR_NOTSUPPSECTORSIZE when trying to initialize a medium that contains a valid FAT name and signature but invalid volume information. Master Boot records can contain such information on medias formatted to exFAT for example.
- FAT can now properly mount volumes on a partitioned media created by Windows. Problem occured if only the volume sector area was given to the file system and not the whole media (including partition table).
- In case of success fn_seek() and fn_rewind() did not clear global errno leaving possible error code in it.
- When USE_MALLOC is set number of volumes and tasks is limited only by the available memory. Maximum number of files is 2048 but is also limited by the available memory.
- FAT now requires OAL_BASE and an OAL_OS package.
- Works with FUSE or POSIX-like systems with a non-polling OAL and FAT_MAXTASK set to 1.
- f_delvolume() could incorrectly close file handles on other volume.
- Short version of a SHIFT_JIS long filename is handled properly.
- In case the media is write protected the first API call that tries to write incorrectly returned F_ERR_ONDRIVE instead of F_ERR_WRITEPROTECT.
- f_findfirst()/f_findnext() could return incorrect content in case of file/directory creation/deletion.
- F_ERR_CARDCHANGED error code introduced.
- Warnings removed.
- Static configuration didn't work if FAT_MAXVOLUME was greater than 2.
- Seek/truncate beyond end of file didn't work correctly on Safe FAT volumes.
- compiler warnings eliminated if F_SHIFT_JIS_SUPPORT is enabled.
- compiler warnings eliminated.
- directory handling fixed with long file names enabled on FAT12/16 volumes (F_ERR_INVALIDSECTOR could have been returned if the file system was using directories created with another FAT file system).
- F_MAXFILES can now be set to the real requirement, before some functions (mainly write functions - mkdir, open for write, etc.) didn't work correctly if all files were used.
- SHIFT JIS character support added.
- f_rename() restored in order for correct parameter usage (f_move() was used but the 2nd parameter requires path name while f_rename() does not).
- compiler warnings eliminated.
- volume-based configuration introduced, config_fat.h contains settings for up to 4 different volumes.
- fs_init(), fs_start(), fs_stop(), fs_delete() added.
- Warning removed if safe FAT is used, NONSAFEFAT is not set in config_fat.h and long file names are enabled.
- possible warnings (using uninitialized variables) eliminated.
- possible static analysis warnings fixed, init.c and init.h eliminated.
- file operations don't report error when F_DELETE_CONTENT is used and the actual media driver doesn't implement the necessary ioctl functions
- support for sector sizes which aren't the multiple of 32 bytes (e.g. 528).
- F_MAXSEEKPOS will be disabled for volumes with non power of two sector size.
- psp_malloc() will be used for memory allocation, f_init() doesn't require the pf_malloc argument any more.
- non-configuration parts removed from config_fat.h.
- f_fstat() added, which returns the stat based on file handle.
- warning removed
- F_VOLNAME_SUPPORT added. f_setvolname(), f_getvolname() to set and query the name of a volume. In file operation the absolute pathname may contain either the drive letter or the volume name (eg. "volname:/path/filename").
- F_FILE_CHANGED_EVENT fixed, it works with HCC_UNICODE too
- mount count reworked. f_close() also increments p_filesystem→drvbldnum, each file operation checks again f->file.reference after _f_getvolume(). This prevents file operations from working with unexpectedly changed file handles (if the file would have been reopened in another task)
- f_tell() returns -1 instead of F_ERR_TASKNOTFOUND in case the task was not entered with f_enterFS().
- f_get_volume_count() and f_get_volume_list() count only successfully mounted FAT volumes.
- USE_MALLOC now allocates space for all the data structures
- FN_LIBRARY_BUILD removed
- f_open() and f_truncate() fixed for NON-SAFE volumes when SAFEFAT is defined
- FN_LIBRARY_BUILD and USE_TASK_SEPARATED_CWD fixed and tested
- warnings removed
- f_createpartition() will return error if the 2nd or any succeeding partition wouldn't fit onto the media
- f_dotest() passes now with F_LONGFILENAME and without DIRCACHE_ENABLE
- f_initvolumepartition() and f_getpartition() try to find valib MBR first and fall back to detect FAT VBR next
- _f_addentry() in fat_lfn.c uses the plain short-file-name without tilde if it fits into the 8+3 format.
- _f_drvgetphy(): presence of driver->getstatus is not needed
- 'bootable' field added to F_PARTITION. f_getpartition() returns the active state of a partition in this field, f_createpartition() uses this field to set/clear the active flag of the new partition
- safe_poweron() now flushes FAT after f_format() or during f_initvolume() to prevent cross-linking when the filesystem is also used in NONSAFE mode.
- FATBITFIELD bug fixed
- f_flush_filebuffer() added. It writes out the data buffer of the selected file. Works only with files which were opened in non-safe mode and which are not opened multiple times.
- FN_SEEK_NOWRITE flag added. Old FN_SEEK... constants can be combined with this flag to seek beyond EOF without writing out zeros to the file.
- #if 0 removed from fat_lfn.c.
- warnings removed.
- debug.h removed.
- warnings fixed.
- default maximum sector size changed to 512 in the config file.
- added fix for "undefined macro used in expression" warning in fat.h.
- psp_time renamed to psp_rtc.
- only affects the safe module: when flushing a file it will only copy the cluster chain from the point where it changed, as a result there will be much faster flush execution for big files.
- time/date generation fixed.
- if media was unplugged during delvolume() the system became unusable because a mutex was not released.
- oal_task_id_t used instead of long for task ID.
- FAT test package separated.
- made CAPI compatible.
- psp_getcurrenttimedate() used.
- psp_getrand() used
- f_set_format_progress() introduced to avoid the need to define f_format_progress() function if not required.
- f_rename() defined to f_move() to keep backward-compatibility.
- warnings removed.
- version check added to all files in the module.
- Initial review.