This page describes all changes made to the ip_app_dns package, DNS client, since its release.
3.10 (2019-11-27, 11:00):
- Canonical names are compared case-insensitively.
- Added dns_host_name_flush() to flush only single entry.
3.9r2 (2018-08-29, 18:25):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder
- History and document files renamed to the package name
3.9 (2017-10-04, 13:45):
- udp_open() call changed to match new API.
- Compiler warnings were eliminated.
3.8 (2017-08-16, 15:50):
- dns_host_name_to_address() returns DNS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM in case where host name is too long (longer than IP_MAX_FQDN_SIZE).
- Corrected server index handling when creating a child entry.
- Corrected twice message compression (RFC1035 4.1.4).
- Corrected task update when a CNAME was resolved as NFOUND.
- Corrected mechanism for getting DNS server IP addresses (now it checks all Interface configuration).
- Added check for unspecified DSN server address.
- dns_build_query() returns error if it fails to resolve IP address.
- removed IP address reset when detected that address cannot be resolved.
- Updated searching of free entries. Currently entries with status DNS_ST_EMPTY are picked first, if there are multiple entries with the same expiration time.
- Corrected handling of DNS_IPADDR_ANY flag.
- Corrected wrong value returned by dns_host_name_to_address() when found DNS entry was in DNS_ST_WAITRESP.
- Corrected uninitialized value of variable dns_addr in dns_query().
- Corrected compilation warnings.
- Corrected dns_delete() return value.
- API parameter ip_address type was changed to t_ip_addr.
- updated to work with IP base major version 6.
- updated to work with UDP major version 6.
- updated to work with IP base major version 5.
- updated to work with UDP major version 5.
- required package version checks added.
- warning removed (incorrect zero length array from a structure removed).
- make use of the modified udp_get_buf() function.
- removed needless socket_api header file include.
- changed to use new udp_send() function.
- needless error code removed (DNS_ERR_NO_DATA).
- return DNS_WAIT from dns_host_name_to_address() if the query was sent instead of DNS_SUCCESS.
- multi-interface support added.
- extra ',' from enumeration removed.
- Initial release.