This page describes all changes made to the media_drv_ftl_nor_cfi_sfdp_spi package, the FTL Media Driver for CFI and SFDP SPI NOR, since its release.
1.15 (2019-05-20, 12:56):
- Added support for QSPI interface.
1.14r2 (2018-08-29, 18:04):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder.
- History and document files renamed to the package name.
- Handling of a new flash layout (2048 block number * 32 k. block size) added to the legacy mode.
- Legacy mode (NOR_CFI_SFDP_LEGACY_MODE) was introduced: layout is compatible with version 1.5.
- Division of flash is supported by setting of NOR_CFI_SFDP_DIVIDED and NOR_CFI_SFDP_BLOCK_NUM1.
- Works with MDRIVER_FTL v5.x.
- New configuration options: NOR_CFI_SFDP_STATIC_LIMIT and NOR_CFI_SFDP_STATIC_COUNT.
- Number of reserved blocks is now configured by NOR_CFI_SFDP_RESERVED_BLOCKS.
- Support for ERASE SUSPEND/RESUME added with specific flash chips. If FTL is configured with MDRIVER_FTL_IDLE_ERASE, erase operations are started in the background and READ/WRITE operations may suspend them.
- Updated to work with PSP_SPI major version 3.
- Timeout handling is changed to use SPI byte cycles instead of a timer.
- Largest block size is selected if SFDP is supported (originally the smallest block size was used which could cause a slower FTL and higher RAM usage).
- Some flash parts were not working correctly as the flag status register was polled for RDY/BSY which is not always present. Now flag status register is only used for Micron devices and status register for all other devices.
- Added support for devices with 128 or 64 64kB blocks.
- Compiler warnings were eliminated (warnings occurred in 16-bit environment).
- Check for JEDEC parameter table ID removed, required because some flash parts will not provide this information.
- Adapted to FTL v3.0.
- "ftlnor" renamed to "ftl_nor".
- Initial release.