The FileSystem Memory Calculator is a component of the SafeFLASH file system. You can use it to calculate the memory requirements of a file system implemented in any of the following media:
- RAM driver.
- NOR flash driver.
- NAND flash driver.
- Adesto® DATAflash driver. (This DataFlash technology was formerly owned by Atmel® but is now owned by Adesto® Technologies.)
For each media type, you are asked to supply various parameters which define the system. After doing this, just click Calculate to display the space requirements. Depending on the results, you can modify the parameters as required then perform the calculation again. You can repeat this process until the results match your needs.
For a RAM driver the result shows:
- The free space and the reserved/bad space.
- The maximum number of directory entries and file handles, the number of sectors, and the sector size.
For the other drivers the result shows:
- The total memory required, the free space, and the reserved/bad space.
- The maximum number of directory entries and file handles, the number of sectors, and (for Adesto® DATAflash) the sector size.
The calculator is the file src/util/FSmem.exe in the SafeFLASH base package, fs_safe.