This page describes all changes made to the ip_socket package, the TCP/IP Sockets Interface module, since its release.
4.12 (2020-11-25, 9:12)
- Corrected SOCKET_FD_CLR (non-deleted entry could remain duplicated in the list).
4.11 (2020-09-16, 10:30)
- Added setting of TCP accept timeout to INFINITE on initialization of a TCP port socket.
4.10 (2020-08-24, 08:50)
- Fixed socket_select() to correctly recognize port connection so as to be able to detect incoming connections.
4.9 (2020-06-23, 13:10):
- Fixed problem introduced in v4.8: SOCKET_SO_PRIORITY, SOCKET_SO_LINGER, SOCKET_SO_KEEPALIVE, SOCKET_SO_NODELAY, SOCKET_SO_BROADCAST, SOCKET_SO_REUSEADDR, SOCKET_SO_RCVINFOEN socket options could not be set.
- Added new return value for filter calback (SOCKET_FILTER_DROP) which allows module to silently drop a received SYN packet, instead of replying with a reset frame.
4.8 (2020-05-20, 22:31):
- MISRA-C:2012: violations eliminated (MISRA-C:2004 revoked).
- gethostbyname(): if IP address is passed then it will output the same value, without trying to resolve it.
- socket_select() doesn't return error if a closed socket is present in the exceptfds, it will place to exceptfds ready list.
- socket_sockaddr structure size increased to be able to hold socket_sockaddr_in6 if IP_V6_ENABLE is set.
- socket_setopt(): SOCKET_SO_FILTER_CB set socket option added to request for a call-back for a listening TCP connection in order to accept or reject a client connection request.
- socket_setopt() and socket_getopt(): option level SOCKET_IPPROTO_IPV6 added with SOCKET_IPV6_V6ONLY to be able to accept/reject IPv4 connections on a socket with AF_INET6 domain.
- socket_open() takes domain parameter into account to be able to accept only IPv4/IPv6 connections (AF_INET/AF_INET6).
4.7 (2019-11-25, 15:57):
- MISRA-C:2004: violations eliminated
4.6 (2019-07-10, 17:39):
- Include route.h in socket.c when SOCK_SENDTO_IPV4_BCAST_TO_ALL_INTERFACES is enabled to avoid compilation issues.
4.5 (2019-06-04, 19:00):
- Added SOCK_SENDTO_IPV4_BCAST_TO_ALL_INTERFACES configuration option. If this is enabled DGRAM packets with global broadcast address destination are sent to all active interfaces.
4.4 (2019-02-13, 16:55):
- MISRA-C:2004: violations eliminated.
4.3 (2019-01-21, 15:25)
- Corrected setting of receive sockets in socket_select() for non-blocking connection.
- Corrected setting of POLLIN flag in socket_poll() for non-blocking connection.
- POLLHUP and POLLNVAL flags are always set if they occur.
- socket_recv() now returns 0 if connection is disconnected.
4.2 (2018-09-21, 12:40):
- SOCK_ERRNO_VARIABLE_NAME option can be defined by user.
- Compiler error was eliminated which occurred when OS was used and SOCK_TASK_ERRNO was configured to 0.
- Added socket_inet_addr() function.
4.1r2 (2018-08-29, 18:14):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder.
- History and document files renamed to the package name.
4.1 (2018-02-20, 11:23):
- Defines and type names were changed to avoid conflict with native socket implementations.
- socket_bind(): uninitialized variable may lead to incoming broadcast messages being dropped.
3.35 (2017-11-16, 09:08):
Bug appeared in 3.31 was fixed: soBcket_sendto() can handle packets larger than MTU.
3.34 (2017-10-27, 11:13):
- Added support for new socket options:
SO_KEEPALIVE - TCP only: enables/disables TCP keep-alive mechanism.
SO_BROADCAST - UDP only: enables/disables broadcast datagrams (broadcast datagrams are not prohibited -> no functional change).
SO_REUSEADDR - TCP/UDP : enables/disables SO_REUSEADDR (stack already behaves accordingly -> no functional change).
SO_NODELAY - TCP only: enables/disables TCP NO_DELAY (stack does not use Nagle's algorithm -> no functional change).
3.33 (2017-10-16, 15:00):
- Added auto port binding after first send of DGRAM.
- Added (void) casts to oal_mutex_get()/oal_mutex_put().
- Added check to prohibit multiple socket_bind on a single DGRAM.
3.32 (2017-10-10, 13:20):
- Added flag SOCK_NCLOSE that indicates that TCP connection already received IP_NTF_CON_CLOSE, IP_NTF_CON_ABORT notification. TCP sockets are now closed correctly when peer disconnects first.
3.31 (2017-10-02, 08:05):
- socket_sendto() can send zero length packet.
- UDP port can be opened for specific IP address.
3.30 (2017-09-11, 15:30)
- TCP socket is not reused if the related TCP connection is not finally closed.
- tcp_accept() timeout is now controlled by SO_RCVTIMEO.
- tcp_connect() timeout is now controlled by SO_SNDTIMEO.
- socket_recv()/socket_recvfrom() now correctly sets error code when socket is closed during execution of function.
- socket_gethostbyname() now adds terminating null character to h_name.
- Corrected compilation warnings.
- Corrected gethostbyname() to get only IPv4 addresses.
- Corrected calling of ip_addr_to_str() in socket_inet_ntoa().
- Added NULL pointer check for input value p_arg in socket_ioctl().
- Corrected excludion of socket_inet_aton(), socket_inet_ntoa() when IPv4 is disabled.
- Corrected compilation warnings.
- An error was fixed in socket_addrst2ipport() which prevented socket_sendto() sending data.
- socket_poll() and socket_select() functions could only recognize the first connection on a listening socket.
- added IPv6 support.
- updated to work with TCP major version 6.
- updated to work with UDP base major version 6.
- updated to work with IP base major version 6.
- updated to work with TCP major version 5
- updated to work with IP base major version 5.
- socket_bind() can be called before socket_connect() to define a local port for the STREAM sockets.
- SO_LINGER option was implemented: socket_close() waits for completion of sending TCP packets before disconnecting to prevent data loss.
- select and poll are waiting for connection on unconnected sockets in the socket descriptors selected for incoming transfers.
- select and poll could have been waken up incorrectly indicating no events (when waiting for received packets and transmission was complete on the socket).
- select could incorrectly set a readfd if only exceptfd occurred.
- select could return incorrect exceptional descriptor.
- SO_RCVINFOEN and SO_RCVINFO non-standard options added. These options are only available if SOCK_RCV_INFO_ENABLE configuration option is enabled.
- Socket layer could lockup if an event occurred on a UDP/TCP socket during a call to: socket_setopt() for ADD_MEMBERSHIP/DROP_MEMBERSHIP, socket_close() for a UDP socket with multicast membership, socket_ioctl() with FIONREAD command, socket_select() and socket_poll().
- socket_poll()/socket_select() could keep waiting forever if the examined socket(s) was closed.
- Event receive reorganized to avoid unexpected event reception from the caller task with some RTOSes.
- FIONREAD ioctl returns now the correct amount of unread bytes, before it reported the amount of unread bytes in the socket layer.
- Updated to work with UDP major version 5 and TCP major version 4.
- Required package version checks added.
- socket_bind() accepts any IP address (not just IN_ADDR_ANY)
- socket_get_errno() returns SOCKET_SUCCESS in case the errno is set because the task was not registered with ip_enter_task().
- Changed to use the new tcp_get_buf() and udp_get_buf() function formats.
- include psp_string.h from api_ip_socket.h to have prototype for psp_memset() used at FD_ZERO.
- In non-blocking mode socket_accept exhausted all socket entries if there was an existing connection for that port.
- Connections established with socket_accept could sometimed incorrectly return error.
- socket_close() didn't drop multicast group memberships memberships.
- socket_inet_ntoa and socket_inet_aton functions added.
- socket_htons, socket_htonl, socket_ntohs and socket_ntohl functions added for compatibility reasons.
- socket_gethostbyname and socket_gethostbyaddr functions added.
- socket_ioctl function added.
- IP_MULTICAST_IF, IP_MULTICAST_TTL, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP socket options added.
- SO_PRIORITY socket option added.
- set base port number for DGRAM sockets to be able to use sendto without bind.
- In socket_recv and socket_recvfrom return code changed to SOCKET_ERROR (-1) in case no data is available and set errno to EAGAIN.
- changed to use new udp_send function.
- poll/select didn't report frames arrived right after socket_accept, causing an erroneous situation that poll/select was blocking and waiting for incoming data while it was already available.
- aborted connections were not reported causing the socket left in open state (there was no indication that socket_close needs to be called).
- An accepted and closed connection could corrupt the following accepted connections.
- Warning removed in case IP_UDP_ENABLE is not set in config_ip.h.
- Removed MTU size packet setting from socket_sendto() and socket_send() when getting a buffer.
- Comments fixed.
- Third parameter of get_free_socket() call in socket_accept(): set to 0 instead of NULL (warning eliminated).
- listen didn't return error if backlog was a negative number only when it was zero.
- send, sendto, recv, recvfrom also returns error if length is a negative number not only when it's zero.
- set errno to EPERM in socket_get_errno if the task is not registered.
socket_get_errno return error if the output parameter is NULL
- socket_get_errno() introduced, this function gives back task specific error codes.
- socket functions will return -1 and set global error code to EBADF if socket number is valid but it is not opened.
- INV_SOCKDESC removed and SOCKET_ERROR, SOCKET_SUCCESS introduced.
- select/poll didn't return if FIN was received.
- poll could cause a crash if used with socket that was created due to an accepted connection.
- SOCK_DGRAM socket close fixed (was not closed properly)
- socket_accept returned 0 even if no more entries were available
- all functions renamed to avoid conflicts with standard function. "socket_" prefix has been added to all functions except for: socket -> socket_open, getsockopt -> socket_getopt and setsockopt -> socket_setopt.
- needless error numbers removed from API.
- incorrect close function behavior if accept was not called after listen.
- comments added
- Initial release