This page describes all changes made to the media_drv_test package, the Test Media Driver, since its release.
3.4 (2021-02-16, 12:12):
- MDRIVER_ERR_IOCTL_MSG_NOT_SUPPORTED is returned for non supported IOCTL options.
3.3 (2020-12-09, 12:06):
- Read or write error can be injected with counter.
- initfunc() can be forced to return NULL pointer for ioctl(), getphy(), and getstatus() function.
- Number of getstatus() function calls is counted when statistics are collected.
3.2 (2020-05-15, 09:17):
- Bugfix: the underlying driver's release() was not called before initialization, resulting in a busy error in the driver in case of MDRIVER_TEST_NULL_DRIVER_RELEASE fault injection.
3.1 (2020-01-10, 12:37):
- Callback can be registered for multiple sector write.
- getphy() can be forced to return 1024 or 2048 bytes/sector values.
- initfunc() can be forced to return release() function as NULL pointer.
2.1 (2019-09-10, 10:36):
- Moved exFAT-related error simulations to exFAT test suite.
1.5 (2019-09-05, 07:10):
- New faults can be injected to:
- set the attribute of the Safe test directory,
- invalid checksum for $$SAFE$$ directory's entry,
- error for each driver write multiple sector,
- change directory entry to unused,
- Stream Extension entry read will provide 0 value for entry type.
1.4 (2019-08-01, 07:43):
- Eliminated compiler error that occurred when MDRIVER_TEST_VOLUME_COUNT is greater than 1.
1.3 (2019-07-11, 09:45):
- New faults can be injected: file datalength error, file namelength error, NoFatChain bit
- New function was added: drvtest_set_sector_offset().
1.2 (2019-06-27, 12:45):
The following new faults can be injected:
- Hidden write error (with counter)
- IOCTL error
- PHY error
- invalid bytes/sector
- invalid must-be-zero field
- invalid bytes/sector shift two FATs
- big number of sectors
- invalid number of FATs
- invalid data length for allocation bitmap
- null bitmap entry type, null upcase entry type, upcase checksum error, null label entry type, null file entry type,
- invalid secondary count for file entry
- invalid directory entry type
- null primary boot sector, invalid total sectors, boot sector index error, invalid MBR signature, FAT offset error,
- partition offset error, file entry checksum error
- invalid first cluster of root directory
- invalid file system revision
- invalid file system name
- invalid primary boot signature
- primary boot sector checksum error
- invalid bitmap start index
- invalid FAT offset
- invalid 1st/2nd entries for FAT
- invalid character count in label
- invalid 10 ms increment
- invalid timestamp
- null stream ext. entry type
1.1 (2019-01-28 6:35):
- Initial release.