This page describes all changes made to the nw_drv_base package, Network Driver base, since its release.
5.7 (2021-04-20, 15:00):
- Cleaned up api_nwdriver.h (reorganized for consistency, removed unused macros, types corrected).
5.6 (2021-02-02, 15:30):
- Added new configuration options interface to the driver to be able to support time stamps of transmitted/received packets and to get/set PHY options.
5.5 (2020-05-20, 22:31):
- MISRA-C:2012: violations eliminated (MISRA-C:2004 revoked).
5.4r2 (2018-08-29, 18:23):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder.
- History and document files renamed to the package name.
- Added new NWDRIVER state NWDRIVER_ST_OFFLINE to support initialized interfaces with prohibited communication on them.
- Basic support for VLAN added (NWDRIVER_PARAM_VLAN_ENABLE NW driver init parameter added).
- Required package version checks added.
- nwp_rxbuf_count added to NW driver property structure to tell the higher layer how many buffers are required by the driver. This is only required if the higher layer needs to feed buffers to the NW driver with add_buf().
- nwp_header_size added to NW driver property structure in order to tell the higher layer to preserve an area before the frame for internal purposes.
- NWDRIVER_FILTER_UNICAST removed from API.
- Multicasting options changed.
- set_filter/clear_filter changed to set_filter()/set_multicast_table(). The first function can be used to set the specific filtering options and the second to set a list of multicast HW addresses the driver should accept.
- Multicast support, set_filter/clear_filter functions added.
- Options and buffer settings merged to one property structure.
- MTU size added to the property structure.
- Pad bytes added to property structure.
- Alignment shift added to NW driver buffer descriptor, to be able to tell the upper layer where the beginning of the packet must be aligned.
- unit_size shift added to NW driver buffer descriptor, to be able to request unit size aligned and multiple of unit size packets in add_buf and send, could be useful to make sure the packet is the only one present in a cache line(s).
- Initial release.
Converted from eth-drv_base package:
- ETHDRIVER_ST_RUNNING renamed to ETHDRIVER_ST_STARTED.
- from_isr parameter added to state notification.
- error codes changed.
- functions and driver information split in order to support multiple instances of the same driver.
- Initial release.