This page describes all changes made to the nw_drv_eth_synopsys package, Network Driver for Synopsys, since its release.
3.17 (2021-04-20, 15:00):
- Updated to work with nw_drv_base v5.6.
- Warnings removed.
3.16 (2021-03-12, 18:22)
- ETH_PHY_DEV_ADDR was missing for KSZ8031.
- Fixed KSZ8031 specific version number and version file include.
3.15 (2020-07-13, 18:30)
- Fixed register file to work with all PSP.
- Updated STM32, XMC4500 and LPC435x PSP.
3.14 (2020-07-03, 15:00)
- Fixed return values in function headers.
- Extended descriptors are used in case checksum offload is enabled.
- ETH_PHY_ADDR configuration option was moved to a PHY specific configuration file.
- MII clock settings are moved to mii_read/write() functions.
- ETH_PHY_DP83848 driver was extended to work with DP838xx PHYs.
- Modified ADSP-SC589 PSP to work with ADSP-SC573
3.13 (2020-06-11, 19:00)
- Introduced loopback mode.
- Introduced core register file.
- MACFFR register value is restored after core reset is done in synopsys_eth_drv_start().
- Renamed variables to match the module name and replaced hard-coded values with definitions.
- Updated ADSP-SC589 PSP files
3.12 (2020-04-10, 17:13)
- Added configuration option for PHY speed and duplex mode.
- Added PSP macros to convert between CPU and DMA addresses.
- Added PSP configuration option to set Programmable Burst Length and multiplier.
- Added PSP files for Infineon Aurix TC27x processor - Shieldbuddy board - FreeRTOS
3.11 (2020-03-05, 11:15):
- Added support for Gigabit core variants (e.g. EMAC0 in ADSP-SC589).
3.10 (2020-02-21, 10:31):
- Missing memory barrier added as safety precaution (in order to avoid possible unpredictable behaviour of the driver when built with compiler optimization enabled).
- Added PSP for ADSP-SC589 EZ-BOARD with FreeRTOS
3.9 (2020-02-19, 15:52):
- Added support for promiscuous mode
3.8 (2020-02-19, 15:51):
- Fixed register name usage.
3.7r2 (2018-08-29, 18:21):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder.
- History and document files renamed to the package name
- Fixed operation for the case when link partner does not support Auto-negotiation.
- Transmission could sporadically fail on STM32F7xx due to DMA miss caused by missing data memory barrier.
- DMA descriptors were moved PSP sources.
- Driver might have failed to catch unicast frames addressed to the own MAC address.
- Driver could occasionally stop after large amount of sent/received frames.
- Warnings eliminated.
- MAC address configuration extended in order to be compatible with XMC4500.
- Support for tagged packets added.
- Renamed from stm32 to synopsys as this IP core is available in other controllers as well.
- Ethernet buffer allocated in the PSP, not in the driver.
- Added support for devices with internal FIFO smaller than the maximum size of an Ethernet packet.
- ETH_USE_RMII and ETH_PROVIDE_MCO configuration options are moved to PSP-related configuration file.
- Warnings removed.
- psp specific includes always included via psp_eth_stm32.h.
- psp_eth_stm32.h moved to psp/target/eth.
- Stop, start functions did not work as buffers descriptors were not released correctly.
- Required package version checks added.
- Updated to work with NWDRIVE major version 5.
- Code cleanup (needless code/variables removed, etc.)
- Platform-specific code placed to psp directory.
- Fixed frame size for receive.
- Added new functions stm32_eth_drv_set_filter() and stm32_eth_drv_set_multicast_table().
- Sources relocated to driver/network/ethernet/stm32.
- Callbacks not called anymore for erroneous transfers.
- init(), start() reorganized.
- Configurable default MAC address set at initialization.
- Added API function stm32_eth_drv_set_mac_addr().
- hcc_timer handling changed to fix stopip/startip problems.
- ETH_LINK_STA_POLLED introduced for polled link status.
- Modified for new IP stack.
- added start, stop, delete functions.
- Initial revision.