This page describes all changes made to the usbh_cd_printer package, the USB Host Printer Class Driver, since its release.
2.7r2 (2018-08-29, 18:05):
- Document HTML link added to the documentation folder.
- History and document files renamed to the package name.
- Get Device ID command was sent erroneously to printers having multiple USB interfaces if the printer interface was not the first interface.
- Get Device ID command fixed as it failed with some printer devices.
- PDLs (ESC/POS, PCL5) removed from printer class driver.
- Added support for ESC/POS type printers.
- Unified version numbers with PCL5.
PCL5 earlier version changes:
- Negative parameters were handled incorrectly.
- PCL5_SUCCESS and PCL5_ERR_BUF_FULL error codes introduced for all the functions.
- pcl5_errno removed.
- Updated to work with USB host major number 3.
- usbh_utils version number check removed.
- Added the option to support multiple printers.
- Needless version checks removed from API header file.
- All notification callbacks are cast to (void) to avoid warnings. This is required because notification functions return an error code.